Teamwork makes the difference
IP-CTI (IP-based Computer Telephony Integration) technology
Computers and IT networks are a fact of life in business today. Internet access has become mandatory in many sectors and the formation of Intranets commonplace as businesses seek to enhance their information assets. An effective way to leverage these assets is to combine the most important tools: the contact list, the personnel, and the communications channel : your customers, staff, phone system, and IT network. With Hybrex GDS IP connectivity, TAPI protocol CTI interface, or Hybrex applications like the CTStar application suite or its components, this integration can be realised.
TAPI is a standard protocol that allows integration with Microsoft products and many other third party programs that run on the Microsoft Windows platform. These applications provide phone system integration in various ways. For example integration with contact lists that provide a callers details onscreen as the call arrives to the desk, or dialing from a contact list, are probably the most common forms. Other features such as presence indication, instant messsaging, availability status, call recording and Unified messaging are also known. A quick example of Hybex TAPI is that “Click to Dial” from a Microsoft Outlook contact list is achievable with nothing more than the install of a driver on your PC and a link to the GDS. Hybrex CTStar can provide similar functionality in an integrated program suite.
Whether it be the above integration solutions that provide your team with productivity tools, or the humble but most popular IP based Hybrex Call Accounting System, or the Internet connectivity that allows the authorised service centre to remotely maintain the system eliminating many costly service calls, GDS IP technology is a worthy asset. Leverage the options to create your economic advantage
LCR (Least Cost Routing) and VoIP (Voice over IP)
Hybrex LCR is a sophisticated and flexible least-cost routing system that ensures that all calls are made at the most economic rate, producing substantial savings on all your calls, particularly long distance charges. This is the most significant cost efficiency tool whenever there is more than one carrier or service provider available. The entire LCR set up and/or other changes can be administered remotely by modem or Internet connection, assuring quick response times from authorized dealers, further enhancing fiscal performance with this opportunity to reduce maintenence costs.
VoIP is an emergent technology for the processing and transport of voice traffic. As the universal availability of IP connections is underway and connection bandwidth capabilities grow the growing significance of VoIP as a communications medium cannot be understated. This is particularly so as the economies possible with VoIP are a real challenge to the traditional channels for voice. The weak point however is the carriage medium itself : the Internet, where voice, with its ”real time” needs, must compete with the growing volume of other traffic carried.
Your GDS System will support both traditional voice grade lines and also IP type connections. Thus you can leverage the economies of VoIP, AND have peace of mind in the event Internet traffic becomes unreliable, as you have the fallback comfort of traditional channels avilable to you. With the GDS built-in VoIP interface, you choose the best route when needed. This is not possible for IP-only switching systems as they lack traditional line capability, thus they are crippled if internet access is lost.
Extensive options and programmability to fit any task The extensive programmability of Hybrex GDS allows flexible system configuration to fit almost any communications need. Marry this with comprehensive porting flexibility, reliability, and attractive peripheral equipment options, and GDS cannot be denied as deserving your attention for a business communications solution.
GDS 600 Applications
Small to Large Corporate Organizations
With Hybrex GDS technology you can start from as low as 12 ports and and continue expanding to 640 ports currently, soon to be 1280 ports. With all of the features of the GDS from the beginning your system will grow with you.
Multi-national Organization : Multi-site Networks on VoIP. One number for all members world wide with in the organization.
Hybrex GDS offers a special combination of functions and features that form a solid communications platform for any Hospitality business. From the smallest Motel to the largest Hotel or Resort complex a GDS system forms a formidable asset. Features such as: Specialist voice-services (voicemail plus!) that provides Guests and Staff alike with voice guided interfaces that are easy to use and reduce training requirements to an absolute minimum. Front Desk IP integration for room phone control, messaging, call accounting, and more, that is easy to use and enhances Hotel management and services to the Guest. Unique Emergency Safety features. Fidelio certified PMS interface for larger establishments.
Least Cost Routing (LCR)In any business environment the ability to reduce costs without negative effect can provide significant advantage for those who take the opportunity. Integration of Least Cost Routing as a programmed feature of Hybrex digital systems provides such an opportunity.
In todays communication environment there are multiple choices for communication channels and/or carriers with a variety of call costs associated, even down to different call rates dependent on the time of day. Least Cost Routing allows you to program the carrier or channel used according to the number dialed and/or the time of day. By discerning the leading digits of a number dialed LCR will then either send the number as is, insert a carrier prefix into the dial string, or select a particular trunk to carry the call. For example: mobile calls could be directed to your GSM router; local and national daytime calls prefixed to your second carrier, or directed via VoIP trunks to your ITSP for the most economical national and international tariffs. For larger business a Hybrex multi-site network with VoIP trunking between sites is an option. In these cases the combination of specified extension numbering at sites and LCR programming can be used to create desk to desk dialing and the appearance of a seamless company network. Inter-site VoIP trunking has also creates the advantage of nil tariff inter-site calls.
In these ways Hybrex LCR allows you to program the most economical option to carry any call you make – a significant business advantage.
ISDN Connectivity (BRI and PRI)
Integrated Services Digital Network (ISDN) has been proven as an effective and quality communications conduit with worthwhile and beneficial features for business. ISDN Basic Rate Interface (BRI) provides for 2 trunks plus a data management channel. Similarly, but scaled, ISDN Primary Rate Interface (PRI) provides for 30 trunks. ISDN, being digital, is also capable of carrying other data types such as video if required.
The integration of ISDN in Hybrex digital systems provides the high sound quality and multimedia access inherent in ISDN.The real business advantage however comes with the additional features Hybrex ISDN integration provides. Features such as:
- Multiple Subscriber Number (MSN) – the provision of multiple numbers for your business, essential for DID (below).
- Direct Inward Dial (DID) – allowing incoming callers direct access to extensions without going through the switchboard.
- Calling Line Identification (CLI) – allowing you to identify the originating number of incoming calls from the ISDN network.
- Calling Line Identification Presentation (CLIP) – allows the presentation of a specific number for all outgoing calls.
- Calling Line Identification Restriction (CLIR) – allows the restriction of identification for outgoing calls.
- Advice of Charge (AOC) – at the end of each call, approximate call cost can be notified (subject to network provider).
- Network Based Call Diversion, Transfer, or Conference – divert, transfer, or conference calls without tying up your lines.
Should you require, the Hybrex ISDN interface hardware also allows connection to E1/T1 interfaces.Integrated Voice Mail
In any business, personnel will occasionally be unavailable to take a call. In this situation messages taken by others, to be passed on, are affected by issues such as accuracy and privacy to name two. Recently voice mail has supplanted older methods, alleviating the problems mentioned, but suffering from the requirements of third party equipment, inherent delays, and expense in particular.The Hybrex integrated voice mail option has solved these remaining issues with the availability of a voice mail unit (VMU) with 4 port 16 hr capacity per VMU which can be installed in multiples – “voice service slots”. The Hybrex VMU is a very versatile option: voice mail for any/all personnel; the system provides message waiting indication and external notification if required; integrated Auto Attendant that provides a real business advantage by reducing the requirements for call handling and allowing callers more direct access to the right person to take their call. Auto Attendant also provides Direct Inwards System Access (DISA) allowing authorized personnel the advantages of direct access to their voice-mail, and many other system features from outside.
Paging, Music on Hold, Background Music
Hybrex digital systems allow all types of extensions to access a variety of paging types. Internal paging through the speaker of Keyphones and Access Control Phones. External paging through an external PA system. MOH (Music on Hold) to allow outside callers to listen to music when put on hold. Hybrex VMU voice mail units can be used to record and supply desired music or messages for different groups of outside lines. BGM (Back Ground Music) is benefit feature for an employee to listen to music when their Keyphone is idle.
The world of today is a diverse, complex, and exciting place. Unfortunately this diversity and growth has brought with it other concerns for business large and small, and even residential. Primary amongst these concerns is the requirement for security, and in particular security of premises.The combination of a Hybrex digital system, solenoid lock doors, Hybrex Access Control Phone (ACP), and Hybrex Access Manager software can provide a first line of defense. Integrated with your telephone system Hybrex Access Control can allow independent authorised and recorded access by keycode or RFID proximity card to your premises or within your premises. For businesses so concerned this system can also be used as a “Bundy” system for employees, with records available to accounts and payroll for example. The versatility of the Hybrex ACP continues with its abilities as a doorphone, handsfree speakerphone, and more.
For more information see the extension options description on the Hospitality Solutions page.
Features for the Hotel or Motel
Hybrex GDS systems offer many features tailored for the accomodation industry.
Features such as:
- Message lamp to the room – industry standard message waiting signal to light the message lamp on single line telephones
- Caller ID – on analogue lines as well as digital, CLI display enabled phones will show extension numbers for intercom calls as well as outside line information.
- Hybrex Hotel Voicemail system that provides extensive functionality to the Guest, and Hotel Personnel alike. The voice prompted interface of this feature option creates an environment of almost “nil training needed” for its use.
- Hybrex Call Accounting System (CAS) software for complete call traffic recording, analysis, and costing/charge information.
- Software features – standard in Hybrex system software are programmable features such as : credit/call charge limits per extension; lock/unlock extension; check in/check out and clean room status, to name a few. There are many more.
- The two feature points immediately above are provided in an integrated “Front Desk” Internet browser interface that makes Front Desk operations extremely efficient when catering to the telephony needs of the Guest.
- For the larger Hospitality establishment Hybrex GDS provides a “Fidelio Certified” PMS CTI interface providing direct integration of the GDS system with Micros Fidelio or other PMS packages for premises management.
- Hybrex ACP – for VIP rooms or floor control. As a doorphone for guests to answer the door without opening it, large LED display to show status – DND or “Clean the room” outside the door. An ACP can also be used as a keyless entry system and/or door open alarm.
- Unique Emergency Safety features ! for those infrequent times when help is needed and every moment counts – see here for a full description.
- Account Code Capability
- Alarm – Station
- Answer Call Waiting
- Automatic Answer-Intercom
- Automatic Attendant *
- Automatic Call Back (Camp-On)
- Automatic Line Access
- Automatic Redial
- Data and Time backup without Battery
- Day and Night Service
- Call Waiting
- Call Transfer
- Call Forwarding (Follow Me)
- Camp On
- Conference for more parties
- CLI on both External and Internal Call *
- CTI Integration *
- Check in and Check Out
- DID Trunk *
- Direct Call Pickup
- Directory Dial for Speed Dial
- Direct Inward System Access *
- Distinctive Dial Tone and Ringing
- Doorphone Calling and Opening *
- Executive Override (Barge-In)
- E & M Trunk *
- Flash (Open Loop Timed Flash)
- Hunt Group
- Last Number Redial
- Line Reverse Detection
- Lock / Unlock Extensions
- Multiple Music On Hold *
- Macro Keys
- One Touch Dialling
- Paging / Meet-Me Page
- Privacy Release
- Programmable Keys
- Security Code
- SLT HOLD Operation
- System and Personal Speed Dial
- SMDR Buffers
- Toll Restriction
- VoIP Trunking *
- VoIP Extensions *- Remote IP extensions
- Voicemail Integration *
- Wake Up Service *
- Account Code Display
- Absent Message Display
- Call Duration Timer
- Call Processing Information
- CLI or Caller ID Information *
- Called Extension Name Display
- Conference Information
- Date and Time Display
- Dialed Number
- Call Log Information
- System Programming
- Enhanced Station Programming:
adjustable user settings for voice, ring, and more.
- Handsfree Operation on most handset models.
- Headset Socket on most handset models.
- Message Waiting Caller Information
- Name of Outside Caller
- Override Identification
- Soft Keys
- Wireless (Bluetooth) option on selected models.
Note: * = optional : Extra cost equipment may be required for this feature.
|Trad. Outside Slots||2||4||5||10||15||20||25||30||35||40||80|
|T1 or E1||1||1||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||16|
|Std SIP Phones/devices||32||40||80||160||240||320||400||480||560||640||1280|
|Voice Service slots||1||1||2||4||5||7||9||11||13||15||32|
|Cabinet Dimensions (Width, Height, Depth) : 43.5 x 35.8 x 12.5 cm. or 17.1 x 14.1 x 4.5 inch|
- Capacities shown as maximum figures above are not concurrent.
Due to the limitation of available slots, the exact capacity will be dependant on how many slots are available for each interface.
- Capacities shown for systems above 80 ports represent multiple 80 port cabinets.
- The GDS-1280 system consists of a Head Cabinet (main processor/s) plus the multiple 80 port cabinets noted.
- Extensions means the maximum number of extensions.
- Outside Lines means the maximum number of outside lines, that is the combination of E1/T1, ISDN, PSTN, and VoIP, Lines.
- Trad. Outside Slots means the available slots for the traditional trunk interfaces : PSTN, ISDN, E1/T1.
- One ISDN BRI has two outside lines, one ISDN PRI has thirty outside lines.
- One T1 has 24 outside lines, one E1 has 30 outside lines.
- One VoIP card has 4 or 8 channels and will occupy 1 slot. 16 channel cards will be available soon and will occupy 2 slots.
- One Voice Service Slot (VMU) has 4 channels Voicemail / 6 channel Auto Attendant.
- One Voice Service Slot (AMS) has 4 channels / 8 channels for Voicemail / Auto attendant.
- The new Hybrex 1280 port system is available now.
GDS 600 Models – The platform for today and tomorrow
Models : Main Equipment and Modules
|G2-1648||1 cabinets – 64 ports|
|GDS-160||2 cabinets – 160 ports|
|GDS-320||4 cabinets – 320 ports|
|GDS-640||8 cabinets – 640 ports|
|G2-MMD||Main Module: CBM/PWU/IPU/MSU|
|G2-TKU||Trunk Unit – 4 PSTN Lines|
|G2-TKU2||Trunk Unit – 8 PSTN Lines|
|G1-CICF||Caller ID Card – 4 ports/ FSK|
|G2-SIU3||ISDN BRI – 3 ports|
|G2-PIU||ISDN PRI / E1 / T1 – 30 Channels|
|G2-STU||Station Unit – 8 ports|
|G2-STU2||Station Unit – 8 ports|
|G2-SLUM||Single Line Unit – 8 ports with Messaging and CID|
|G2-ASU||Analog Keyphone Station Adapter Unit – 8 port|
|G2-VMU||Voice Mail Unit – 4 channels, 16 hours|
|G2-IPU||Interface Process Unit – each cabinet|
|G2-IXU||Interface Expansion Unit – for IPU|
|G2-MPU2||Main Process Unit – for 2 cabinets|
|G2-MPU4||Main Process Unit – for 4 cabinets|
|G2-MPU8||Main Process Unit – for 8 cabinets|
|G2-MXU4||Main Expansion Unit – for MPU4|
|G2-MXU8||Main Expansion Unit – for MPU8|
Models : Key Telephones
DK2-21B-BT (Bluetooth option